In case you missed it, an ambitious design student named Michael Mcgee recently unveiled a concept for what imagines a new version of the now discontinued Honda S2000 to look like if it were to be released in the year 2020. To say that it's an ambitious project would be a severe understatement; as would it be to infer that it sparked a little bit of nostalgia for the rear-wheel drive roadster here at Mungenast St. Louis Honda, serving the greater St. Louis area.
That said, feel free to take a look at the Honda S2000 specs listed below, then feel free to imagine how Mcgee's new concept would lend itself to them.
Honda S2000 History At a Glance- Engine: Naturally aspirated inline-4
- Transmission: Six-speed manual
- Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
- Performance: 240 bhp and 153 lb.-ft. of torque
- Fuel Economy: 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway/20 mpg combined
- Length: 162.7 in
- Width: 68.9 in
- Height: 50.0 in
- Wheelbase: 94.5 in
- Years Produced: 2000-2009
- Originally created to celebrate the automaker's 40th anniversary
- Based on the Honda Sport Study Model concept from the 1995 Tokyo Motor Show
"My design is classic and advanced simultaneously," explains Mcgee in outlining his approach for the project. "It uses simple surfacing but an innovative frame structure and function to balance a raw, classic sports car attitude with an advanced concept that pushes into the future."1
Of course, if you're in the market for a sporty new Honda model, simply contact Mungenast St. Louis Honda today. We're conveniently located at 5939 S Lindbergh Blvd St. Louis MO 63123, and always happy to share specs, compare models, and arrange at test drive at your next convenience.