Get The Most Out of Your Test Drive
Would you buy your home online without stepping inside? Would you walk down the aisle in a suit or wedding dress you had never tried on? Would you buy a 5+ year supply of a fragrance without smelling it first? Then why would you purchase a vehicle you’ve never sat in or drove?! You may or may not have noticed when visiting a car dealership, but there are a lot of 1- or 2-year-old cars for a very specific reason. A majority of the time, the owner bought the vehicle without taking it out for a spin first, then they found that it didn’t fit them personally, whether that be the comfort, the features or the performance. Just like a nice suit or your wedding dress, you want your investment to fit you like a glove.
That’s why Mungenast St. Louis Honda always encourages our customers to test drive a vehicle before purchasing! From the front seat and steering wheel, to the bucket seats and the size of the trunk, getting a feel for and experiencing a vehicle before driving it home can be a necessary step in the car-buying process. So how do you make the most of your test drive? Come along for the ride to learn more!
- Show Up Prepared
- You wouldn’t show up to an open house without knowing at least how many bedrooms and bathrooms it had, would you? Before stepping foot onto a dealership lot, it’s important to know which vehicles you like and which vehicles suit your lifestyle. If you’re interested in a Honda, you can refer to our blog post, Pick a Honda Based on Your Lifestyle, to learn more about which Honda is right for you. Do your research ahead of time, check out which cars are available for test drives, then schedule a test drive online to guarantee a time slot with that vehicle.
- Pretend the Vehicle Is Yours
- As soon as you sit inside the vehicle, make any necessary adjustments to the seat, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. in order to truly feel like the vehicle is yours. If you can’t seem to get comfy, or find that some of the features don’t suit you, you can happily move on to the next vehicle, knowing you didn’t purchase the wrong vehicle. Also try out different features including the radio, heat, AC, and test out the vehicle’s performance as you’re driving (while still following the law of course).
- Drive In Different Environments
- Make sure to test out the vehicle’s driving abilities on different types of roads and terrain, to ensure you’ll be able to take your vehicle anywhere you want. Take your vehicle on some back roads, then head to the highway to test out the performance, as you never know where your journey could take you.
- Change Up Your Perspective
- Although the driver’s seat is the most important, get a different perspective to ensure the comfort of any possible passengers. Try out the front passenger seat, then any back seats, especially if you have a family or plan on driving for a ride-sharing company.
- Take Your Time
- Allow yourself time to not only test out how the vehicle drives, but to get to know how the vehicle functions as well. Come prepared with any questions, then be prepared to listen. Our trusted employees will happily walk you through every detail and feature you’d like to learn more about.
Now that you know how to get the most out of your test drive, take a look at our inventory of New, Used, and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, and figure out which vehicle(s) you’d like to see more of. When figuring out the right vehicle for you, it’s always recommended to make a list of features you need, features you don’t want, and features that would be a great bonus, but not necessarily a deal-breaker. That way, when you check out vehicles online or at the dealership, you can narrow down your results in a quick and easy way. Whether you’d like to stop in and browse the lot, or you’d like to browse our vehicles online, our trusted staff will be happy to help with any questions or concerns along the way. Once you find a vehicle (or two) you’d like to see more of, you can Schedule a Test Drive quickly and easily right on our website!